Download printable version
AUGUST or SEPTEMBER START DATE
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and proactive Caretaker who will be energetic, enthusiastic and take great pride in how our school looks and functions.
You will have a good range of skills and experience including building and grounds maintenance, general painting and repairs. You will also be required to respond to incidents around the school on a daily basis such as cleaning up accidents and spillages, setting up/clearing away of certain equipment (eg chairs and staging) and porterage.
You will be able to communicate effectively with a range of people including children, staff, parents, visitors and contractors and have a good awareness of health and safety issues. You will be approachable, well motivated and be able to work on your own initiative.
The position is for 30 or 37 hours per week working Monday to Friday during term time and INSET days. You will be required to work during school holidays but how the 30 or 37 hours per week are made up is negotiable. You will be entitled to 24 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
We welcome pre application visits to the school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Information about the School
Attain Academy Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture, or disability.
You must be a UK resident, have the right to work in the UK, and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Our Vision: Working together towards success for all
Attain Academy Partnership aims to provide an outstanding education for all children in all schools, relevant to the world in which they live. We would like all members of Attain to become:
• Ambitious, capable learners who are resilient and independent
• Enterprising, creative contributors who have a real love of learning
• Ethical, informed citizens who value differences and inclusively
• Healthy, confident individuals who contribute to a mutually supportive environment
We want to create a community of outstanding schools with the highest aspiration and dedication to achieving the best outcomes for all our learners:
• An unshakable belief in the intrinsic value of every individual within our community
• Exciting and creative climates for learning within a safe and supportive environment
• Sustainable collaboration and sharing of best practice
• Personal and professional development for all members of staff
• Accountability based on honesty and responsibility in all our relationships
• That every pupil deserves a good education that enables them to be the best they can possibly be
• That every individual in our community of schools (our pupils, staff, families, carers and friends) is important and has something to contribute
• In building an exciting and creative climate for learning within a safe and supportive environment
• In working together and sharing best practice
• In ensuring the personal and professional development for all members of staff so that they have a rewarding and a fulfilling career within our community of schools
• In accountability based on honesty and responsibility in all our relationships
A copy of our child protection policy and practices, a copy of our policy on employing ex-offenders, the recruitment and selection policy statement which includes data protection information and privacy notice for applicants can be found on www.attain.essex.sch.uk.