Download printable version
Job Title: Catering Assistant - Westwood Academy
Hours: 21 hours and 15 minutes per week, 38 weeks per year (term-time only)
Point: 2-3 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £8,831.23 to 9,008.18 per annum (Depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 4th September 2022 (Midnight)
Interviews: Week commencing 12th September 2022
Westwood Academy are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join their friendly Catering Team.
Reporting to the Catering Manager you would be expected to carry out general kitchen duties, such as preparing food, washing up and cleaning. Experience of working in a school kitchen would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys using their own initiative.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 09.30 am to 1.45 pm.
The successful candidate must:
· Have a commitment to high standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
· Enjoy food preparation and cleaning.
· Enjoy working in a busy environment.
· Show patience and enthusiasm with the children.
· Proactively encourage our children to enjoy healthy food.
· Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude.
· Have a flexible approach and be a team player.
What we can offer you:
· A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
· Recent innovations have been the development of the 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a central team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
· Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Westwood Academy on 01702 559467 to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website; www.seacademytrust.co.uk.
Information about the School
Westwood Academy is Part of The South Essex Academy Trust. We are:
- a Multi Academy Trust established by Westwood Academy, Hadleigh Essex.
- a developing family of schools in the areas around Hadleigh, Basildon, Chelmsford and Southend.
- focused on partnership, enabling and collaboration
- committed to developing all staff, volunteers and directors across the schools
- most of all about the potential to enable the children in all of the schools