Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant - Bardfield Academy
Contract: Fixed Term, ending on 31st August 2024
Hours per week: 31 hours and 40 minutes per week (38 weeks - Term time only)
Point: 4-5 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £14,145.52 to £14,419.16 per annum (including fringe allowance)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 4th September 2022
Interview Date: week commencing 12th September 2022
Bardfield Academy are seeking a highly motivated and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant to provide support to SEND children with EHC Plans. The successful candidate will be required to work 31 hours and 40 minutes per week, Monday to Thursday 8:15 am to 3.15 pm and Friday 8.15 am to 2pm with 25 minutes for lunch every day, and need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO.
We would like to hear from you if you:
● Are seeking a rewarding role.
● Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and are patience and flexible.
● Have knowledge of the 4 areas of difference for Autism / of supporting children with Autism.
● Have experience of Sensory Processing and TPP strategies
● Have experience of working with SEND children.
● Understanding of routine and structure
● Social Communication Needs
● Understanding of how to adapt learning so child can access learning in the classroom
● Have a good understanding of child development.
● Have excellent communication skills.
● Have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or Level 4 and above).
● Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
We can offer:
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 553488 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Bardfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.