Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint highly effective Teacher to join our very successful, heavily over-subscribed multi- academy trust with an outstanding ethos where staff are supported to become the best.
We are seeking to appoint at:Cecil Jones Academy, Eastern Avenue, Southend on Sea. Essex. SS2 4BU
At Loxford School Trust we believe our pioneering and rigorous learning environment, and commitment to innovation provides our students with the opportunity to realise their full potential. We innovate, we challenge and we ensure success.
Our commitment to your professional development can be seen in our Investors in People status. We treat children as individuals and we are strongly committed to equality of opportunity.
Our ICT rich environment promotes learning both in the classroom and elsewhere. You will have the exciting opportunity to work alongside a highly motivated, supportive and well qualified team of teachers and support staff.
Like us, you will be dynamic, innovative and hardworking. You will also have a desire to positively impact upon students' learning. Above all you will be dedicated to giving all our students an outstanding education in the wide range of qualifications that the curriculum area offers.
The successful candidate will be:
• Educated to degree level.
• An excellent practitioner who can enthuse and inspire.
• Passionate about raising aspirations and improving educational life chances.
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of leading improvement.
• A role model and champion of learning.
Clear-thinking and outward-looking.
• Dynamic, innovative and hardworking.
• A leader who is able to demonstrate high-level interpersonal skills.
• Join a skilled, creative, and supportive team.
• Be part of a forward thinking organisation with Training School status.
• Have a chance to shape the future of the subject.
• Work within a brand new, well resourced specialist learning environment.
• Be given the opportunity to develop personally and professionally
• Make a real difference to the lives of young people.
Please feel free to visit our school website at: www.ceciljonesacademy.net or www.loxfordschooltrust.net
If you have any questions regarding the post or are unable to apply on line, please contact Liane Thurley PA to the Headteacher/ HR Officer to request an Application Pack on 01702 440055.
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS record check.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we consider that we have received an appropriate number of suitable applications for the post.
Information about the School
As part of the Loxford School Trust we are able to work within a hub of schools, led by Loxford School, an Outstanding school, thus ensuring that our staff are able to deliver the highest educational standards.
This enables us to stay ahead of an ever evolving education system and a constantly changing society. The Trust strongly believes in developing students, so that they are able to achieve their potential both academically and as members of our community.
We work on the traditional values of respect, discipline and responsibility to prepare our students for the challenges of examinations, social interactions and the world of work. We want all of our students to find their passion and have the tools to pursue their dreams.
Our vision is simple, “that no child is left behind”.
Students are at the centre of everything we do and we aim to give all the necessary foundations for success by helping students develop the skills and attributes that will provide them with real life-chances. Students are expected to work hard and to achieve their individual best academically, to develop skills relevant to the 21st Century and to develop the self-confidence and sense of purpose necessary for success in a highly competitive global society.
Cecil Jones Academy will provide a safe, yet challenging environment where students can succeed and excel.
We will develop a strong pastoral system and curriculum to allow us to ensure that our students are happy, safe and challenged in all they do at school.
Cecil Jones Academy is an inclusive school and we pride ourselves on the fact that we are a family. We will work closely with our parents and our community in order to achieve the best for all in our school.
We aim to:
- Achieve exam success for all – we want our pupils to have as many choices as possible, with a strong foundation of
- Ensure that every child leaves our school knowing themselves as an individual, as a member of a team and as a
- Create a culture of learning for life
- Provide the skills needed for self-management, resilience and self-worth
- Give opportunities and experiences outside of the classroom to enrich our pupils
We believe that every student has the potential to achieve greatness and will work with every student to ensure that they get there. Our school is committed to the success of each of our pupils.
Our website should answer many of your queries and we always welcome visitors to our school.