Download printable version
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
30 hours per week, 5 days, (includes 1 day Teaching and Learning)
Required: September 2022
Responsible to: HR Manager
The vacancy is for a Teaching Assistant apprentice to work across the 2 schools which form the Treetops Learning Community (both schools are located on the same site). The successful candidate will be working with class teachers to provide support to students across the schools.
· Work with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff.
· Establish positive relationships with pupils supported.
· Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher.
· Support pupils with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills
· Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use.
· Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task.
· To respect confidentiality at all times.
· Participate in evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
The successful candidate will
Have already achieved GCSE maths and English grade 9 - 5
Have good IT and interpersonal skills
Have a polite and professional manner
Have the ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative
Be friendly and outgoing
Be able to communicate effectively with children and adults
We can offer
A team ethos
A friendly working environment
A fast-paced environment where no 2 days are ever the same
Commitment to continuous professional development
Information about the School
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, a medical check, satisfactory references and the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.