Download printable version
Job Title: Phonics Intervention Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant - Bardfield Academy
Contract: Fixed term ending 31st August 2023
Hours per week: 24 hours 25 minutes, working 38 weeks per year (term time only)
Point: 4-5 (dependent on experience)
Actual Salary: £10,906.97 to £11,117.96 (including fringe allowance) (Depending on experience)
Closing Date:1st September 2022
Interview Date: 8th September 2022
Bardfield Academy is looking to appoint a passionate Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team to assist year 2 children with catch-up work. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, enthusiastic person who enjoys using their own initiative and must be skilled at delivering phonic interventions to KS1.
The hours of work will be Monday to Thursday from 9.30 am to 3.00 pm and Friday 9.30 am to 2.00 pm with 25 minutes for lunch every day. As part of the role you will provide midday supervision duties during the lunchtime period.
The successful candidate must:
- Skilled at delivering phonic interventions to KS1.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Be caring, patient and empathetic.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
We can offer:
- Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
- A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
- A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
- Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
- Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 553488 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Bardfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.