Download printable version
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Pay Scale: Scale 3-4, Spine Points 4-7
Salary Range: Actual Salary Range: £9,331.53-£9,903.13 PA. Annual Salay Range: £19,264-£20,444 PA
Required: September 2022
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible Learning Support Assistant with the appropriate skills and qualities to work with, and support, pupils with SEMH needs to join our committed team.
The job purpose is to work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and academy policies and procedures. To provide support to pupils in a particular curriculum area across the academy or support pupils with SEMH needs. Providing particular and skilled support to all pupils in a particular learning area and other cover areas as directed.
· Take an active role in the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources
· Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff
· Understand specific learning needs and styles and provide differentiated support to pupils individually and within a group
· Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils' responses as appropriate
· Establish positive relationships with pupils supported
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
· Support pupils with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills
· Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate
clarification, explanation and resources
· Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with academy policies and help keep pupils on task
· Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
· Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved easily to the attention of the teacher
· To support learning by selecting appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities
· To attend to pupils' personal needs including help with social, welfare, physical and health matters, including minor first aid.
· Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
· To supervise pupils for limited and specified periods including break-times when the post holder should facilitate games and activities
· To assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
Candidates must have:
· Successful experience working with children and young people within SEMH in a school
· Positive behaviour management skills
· Educated to NVQ Level 2 in learning support or equivalent qualification/experience
· Good reading and writing skills
· Knowledge of basic ICT to support learning
· The ability to communicate with other members of staff effectively
· The ability to build a strong professional relationship with the children and their families
· A willingness to take part in class planning and adapt it to the needs of the child where applicable
· Good organisation skills
· Good record keeping skills
· A passion for the impact of teaching and learning
· Demonstrate a clear commitment to develop and learn in the role.
We will offer you:
· Two week October half term
· Recognition of continuous service
· Automatic enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme
· Continuous Professional Development
· Free onsite car/bike parking at our Academy
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
· Staff Wellbeing group
· Access to excellent catering facilities when the kitchen is operational
· A responsive, supportive and involved team
· A Residential Academy that is fully committed to nurturing the potential in all of our pupils.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited and encouraged to visit the school or to contact us for an informal conversation, please contact Jane Quilter on telephone: 01277 624580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org We reserve the right to call applicants to interview and appoint, prior to the closing date so please apply as soon as possible. If you have any queries please contact Jane Quilter, Operations Manager-HR/Admin via email@example.com
To apply please complete the application form, which can be found on our website, or follow this link: https://ramsdenhall.org.uk/careers/vacancies This form must be fully completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date stated (unaccompanied CVs or third party application forms will not be accepted).
Ramsden Hall Academy (RHA) is part of the Parallel Learning Trust (PLT), a Multi Academy Trust based in Keston, Bromley and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils attending the Academy. As the duties of this post involves regular contact with children, any offer to the successful candidate will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained via the Disclosure and Barring Service, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We will also consider carrying out an online search on shortlisted candidates to help identify any incidents or issues that are publicly available online.
PLT is a Multi Academy Trust and Approved DfE Academy Sponsor; a forward thinking and innovative primary, special and alternative provision provider. PLT is committed to Safer Recruitment and aims for quality services and equal opportunities.
Closing date for applications is 5 September 2022, 12 noon, and interviews will take place the following week.
Information about the School
Ramsden Hall Academy is a residential school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) based in Billericay, Essex.
The Academy was judged Requires Improvement at its recent Ofsted inspection and is part of the Parallel Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust and DfE approved sponsor.