Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant - 30.58 hours per week
LGPCD Pay Scale: 4, Point 6 (Range 6-7)
Term time plus one week (40wpa to include Inset Days)
Actual Salary: From £14,487.46 (point 6) under 5 years' service to £14,971.75 (point 7) over 5 years' service, per annum (pro-rata) depending on experience and length of service
Closing Date: Monday 29th August 2022 (midnight)
Interview Date: Monday 5th September 2022
- Would you like a job in Chelmsford that fits around your personal life?
- Would you like to work with respectful, well-mannered students and join a friendly team of like-minded colleagues?
- Would you like to leave work each day knowing you've made a difference?
Required September 2022
Thriftwood is a well-respected provision for pupils and students with moderate learning difficulties, which was designated 'Outstanding' at its last Ofsted Inspection. Our students have a range of different needs, which may include difficulties with communication, social or physical skills and, because of this, they often need a little extra help to manage everyday activities. At Thriftwood, we believe that learning is life-long and that it applies to everyone, including our staff. Prior experience of working in education isn't therefore necessary - our most important requirement is for someone with a 'can-do' attitude, who is open-minded and willing to learn in the role.
What we offer:
· A range of high quality professional development opportunities
· Varied, interesting and highly rewarding work
· Support to progress your career at Thriftwood and across the SEAX Trust schools
· Very competitive pay, including an additional week's pay per annum to cover training and development
· A commitment to staff wellbeing, including an employee assistance programme offering free counselling to all staff and their close family members
· A social, caring and dedicated team of colleagues, focussed on the best outcomes for all students and staff
· A bright new future
A SEAX Trust application form MUST BE COMPLETED - available on the school & college website at www.thriftwoodschool.com with additional information, Essex Job Scene website or on request from the college office by calling 01245 262779
Return completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to be held at Thriftwood College, Fox Crescent, Chelmsford, CM1-2BN
Information about the School
Thriftwood is an outstanding SEND School and College, offering a wealth of opportunities and experiences to its pupils, their families and staff. It is based on two sites in Chelmsford; Thriftwood School site lies in Galleywood and Thriftwood College in Melbourne. It forms a part of the SEAX Multi-Academy Trust, which encompasses provisions across Essex and the Trust Headquarters are based at Thriftwood College.