Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a hard-working, motivated individual for 25 hours per week, worked Monday - Friday, all year round. These hours can be flexible, so an ability to organise own workload would be desirable.
We are a small, warm and friendly CofE school who take pride in our school buildings and grounds, so please apply if you would like to be a part of our supportive team.
We are looking for someone who can turn their hand to almost anything! As acaretakerat our school you could be doing anything from unblocking drains and carpet cleaning to putting up shelves, repairing fencing or hanging bunting!
Ideally our newcaretakerwill:
- Take pride in establishing a school environment that is safe, attractive and inviting
- Be practical, flexible, able to show initiative and work independently
- Have good DIY skills ~ plumbing, decorating, building objects from flatpack etc
- Have good communication skills for liaising with contractors and other trades people
- Be able to take a key role in health and safety checks, and monitoring with input to COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Be a key holder, responsible for opening and locking up in the absence of our cleaner and for call outs.
There will be specific training courses related to Asbestos, Water Safety/Legionella, general Health & Safety training, if certificates are not already held by the successful candidate.
This role includes working in the school holidays when hours can be consolidated by arrangement.
Informal visits are welcome on either 21st July or 1st and 2nd September; please contact the school office to arrange or for more information regarding the position.
Information about the School
At Holy Trinity, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care and expect all members of the school community to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to checks including an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.