Download printable version
Required 1st September 2022
37 hour per week, (8.00am - 4.00pm, Monday - Thursday, 8.00am - 3.30pm Friday), term time only, based at Powers Hall Academy.
Scale 7 Point 19 - 24 - Actual salary £21,531 - £24,227.
We have established very positive partnership working between parents and school. We would like to appoint a Family Liaison Worker to further develop these partnerships for children and parents who are vulnerable.
Part of this role includes being the Designated Safeguarding Lead for Powers Hall Academy. Experience of being a Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is essential.
The successful candidate will be required to have:
- Recent professional training in parent/carer support or social care work.
- An ability to listen and negotiate effectively with adults and children and to exercise influence.
- A highly creative approach to supporting children and an ability to resolve problems independently.
- Ability to work with and experience of working with outside agencies.
- Liaison work with Primary School Children.
- GCSE English grade A-C or equivalent.
- GCSE Maths grade A-C or equivalent.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Level 3 safeguarding training and attend meetings on behalf of the school. (Required to be the Designated Safeguarding Lead).
- Keep efficient and effective paperwork.
- Flexibility to work across different network of schools linked to the Academy.
We can offer:
- Wonderful children and families.
- A very supportive staff team.
- Personalised CPD via Performance Management.
- Support from other Family Liaison Officers within the Trust.
If you feel that you could be the person we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. Visits to our school are encouraged, please contact Michelle Smith, HR Manager on 01376 518190 to arrange an appointment to view Powers Hall Academy.
Powers Hall Academy is a busy but friendly school, with lots going on.
Powers Hall Academy is a very vibrant, busy community where teaching and learning is exciting, enthusiastic and effective. The positive atmosphere within our school is much commented on by visitors and reflects our aims and ethos. At the heart of this is our passionate belief in Inclusion and the Every Child Matters agenda.
A particularly pleasing statement in our latest Ofsted report is 'Pupils feel safe. They know they can pass concerns on to adults in the school, either directly, or through a 'worry box'. They know adults take bullying seriously, and pupils do not consider bullying to be a concern at this school.'
The mission statement of Powers Hall Academy is 'Igniting Young Minds'
Our pupils are very active and passionate learners and their behaviour is exemplary. They are proud of who they are, what they achieve in all the different aspects of school life and are proud to celebrate their own and others' achievements.
Powers Hall Academy is part of the Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust, a primary only multi-academy trust with 5 schools. Please see www.connnectedlearningmat.co.uk for further details.
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- Promoting the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs;
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment. It is recognised that this can only be achieved through sound procedures, good inter-agency co-operation and the recruitment and retention of competent, motivated employees who are suited to, and fulfilled in the roles they undertake.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.