Download printable version
Bonnygate Primary School
Arisdale Avenue, South Ockendon, Essex, RM15 5BA
Wishes to appoint a
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Thurrock Band A Point 1-6
(£12,988.93 - £14,337.16 per annum)
8:45am - 3:15pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break, Monday - Friday
30 hours per week
38 weeks of the year - term time plus inset days
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to take on a crucial role within our school. The successful candidate should be keen to make a difference to the life chances of Bonnygate children.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· The ability to communicate with other members of staff effectively
· The ability to build a strong professional relationship with the children and their families
· A willingness to take part in class planning and adapt it to the needs of the child where applicable
· Good organisational skills
· Good behaviour management skills
· Good basic English and Mathematics
· The ability to communicate with parents and to attend professional meetings where required
· Good record keeping skills (Progress and medical where required)
· Personal Care
· A passion for the impact teaching and learning can have on improving life
· A commitment to delivering education of the highest standard
· Achievement of GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade A-C
You will work in partnership with class teachers, to support learning in line with the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, codes of practice, school policies and procedures.
We will offer you:
· Recognition of continuous service
· Working in a school with friendly and enthusiastic pupils
· A supportive and dedicated team
· Automatic enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme
· Continuous Professional Development
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
The successful candidate will preferably have relevant NVQ qualifications or equivalent. They must have a good standard of English and Mathematics and basic computer skills.
Applications forms are available via Essex School Jobs, or the School and Trust website. Alternatively, please contact:
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01375 648901
Closing date: Wednesday 13th July 2022, Midday
Interview date: Monday 18th July 2022
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Bonnygate Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be offered a position subject to an enhanced DBS check (formally CRB), medical check and two references. Bonnygate Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged; please telephone the school office as soon as possible to arrange a meeting.
Bonnygate Primary is situated near to main transport links, the M25 and A13. We are a friendly school with 410 pupils on roll, including a well resourced nursery. We are committed to enabling children to attain ther potential by providing a curriculum that is stimulating, enjoyable, fun and exciting.
Please download an application pack from our website or contact the school office.