Download printable version
Warren Primary School
Gilbert Road, Chafford Hundred, Grays, RM16 6NB
Wishes to appoint a
Salary: Thurrock Living Wage, £9.50 per hour
£2,561.24 annual salary
Fixed term contract until 31st August 2023
6 hours 15 minutes per week, Monday - Friday, 12:15pm-1:30pm
37 weeks per year, term time only
Start Date: September 2022
We require Midday Assistants to join Warren Primary School in the new academic year. Duties include supervising children on the playground and in the dining hall and escorting pupils between the two areas. The work can be demanding but can also be very rewarding.
Experience is desirable, although not essential, as full training will be provided.
The successful applicant will:
· Interact with the children to encourage good social skills and will lead outdoor activities to encourage participation.
· Encourage healthy eating, preparing the tables, supervise playing with the children outside, supervising the clearing up of games and toys, administering first aid and using the school's behaviour plan
· Ensure the safety and care of pupils who are injured or unwell & provide comfort if distressed
· Assist children with Personal Care where necessary.
We will offer you:
· 2 week October half term
· Recognition of continuous service
· Automatic enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme
· Continuous Professional Development
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
Applications forms are available via Essex School Jobs, or the School and Trust website. Alternatively, please contact:
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01375 648901
Closing date: Friday 15th July 2022, Midday
Interview date: Wednesday 20th July 2022
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Warren primary school is a very popular and oversubscribed school. It opened in 1997 and has grown from a pupil population of 31 to 458, plus 52 Nursery children (part time). We also have specialist provision for severely and profoundly deaf children.
Warren was built to serve Chafford Hundred, a community of private housing and is now one of four primary schools. Chafford Hundred is convenient to reach by road, and has good public transport links to London and the coast.
The school is within walking distance of Lakeside Regional shopping centre and Chafford Hundred railway station.
The school is set in pleasant grounds, which has a large playing field, adventure playground, small wood and garden areas.
The school provides a safe and happy environment in which the children thrive and enjoy learning in a stimulating setting. The children are welcoming, polite, well-motivated and generally high achievers and we expect over 50% to achieve above expected progress each year and hope that this figure will continue to rise. They are confident and very proud to wear their uniform and represent their school.