Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
14 hours per week
Monday and Thursday, 08:30am until 4.00pm (hours may be negotiable for the right candidate)
Term time only plus 5 INSET Training days, as required by the Academy
Salary - Scale 4 (CCT Essex Academies Pay Scale) - Salary Range - Point 6-7 (£20,043 - £20,444 Full Time Equivalent), plus Outer Fringe Allowance (£637) Salary to be pro-rata.
The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
Start date:1st September 2022
Location: St Peter's Catholic Primary, Billericay
'Loving and learning together, with Jesus'
We are seeking to appoint a professional and highly motivated Administration Assistant for our friendly, busy school.
We require an individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with a positive attitude, in line with our school values, together with the ability to remain calm under pressure and use their own initiative. You must be capable of providing an efficient and effective administrative service to senior management to include drafting letters and reports together with reviewing/proof reading documents to a high level of accuracy.
Computer competency is essential as this role will include specific responsibility for IT.
The successful candidate must be confident to provide content for marketing campaigns, producing literature and marketing materials such as the school prospectus. They must also be able to actively monitor and engage with all forms of social media on a daily basis (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.) to support the school's activities.
The successful applicant will have:
· Experience of office work in a busy office environment.
· Confident to troubleshoot and research IT related issues.
· Strong literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE A-C or equivalent in Maths and English).
· Good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, emails and internet).
· Whilst knowledge of the SIMS database software would be an advantage, training will be provided if necessary.
· Good time management, organisational and administrative skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Able to be flexible and adaptable.
· Initiative and ability to work without direct supervision, taking responsibility for tasks, prioritising and scheduling own work.
· Excellent communication skills
Information about the Academy:
St Peter's Catholic Primary was a National Support School and is now part of the Billericay Teaching Alliance. It is a two-form entry school which holds various awards including the Healthy Schools Award and the International ECO-Schools Award, amongst others. 'Outstanding' Ofsted July 2009. 'Outstanding' RE Inspection 2019.
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
· A dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
· Commitment to ensure that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education
· The desire to appoint staff, who share our high expectations of everyone in our community, who enjoy working as a member of a team and who take solution - focused approach.
· A comprehensive programme of Professional Development for staff at all levels
St Peter's Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday, 13th July at midday
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 18th July 2022
Visits are warmly welcomed and to arrange or for further information, please contact the Office Manager, Mrs Foster by phone or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** IMPORTANT ***
Please ensure you download our application pack and forms. If you have any problems downloading the forms please contact Teresa Lammin on email@example.com
A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Information about the School
St Peter's Catholic Primary was a National Support School and is now part of the Billericay Teaching Alliance. It is a two-form entry school which holds various awards including Healthy Schools Award and the International ECO-Schools Award, amongst others. 'Outstanding' Ofsted July 2009. 'Outstanding' RE Inspection 2019.