Download printable version
Experienced - Teaching Assistant
Dilkes Academy are looking to recruit a new colleague to join the Teaching Assistant team.
Working weeks:- Term-time Only (38 weeks per year)
Salary:- Thurrock Band TLW/A - Actual from £13,250 to £14,164 (FTE 18,456 to £19,728)
Hours per week:- 30:50 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 3:15pm (20 minutes unpaid break)
Contract: Fixed Term initially with the potential to extend or become permanent
An enthusiastic, calm person needed to support pupils' learning and development in collaboration with other teachers and support staff. A passion for education, willingness to learn, coupled with good interpersonal skills and a desire to make a difference and help children believe in themselves to achieve their potential are the main attributes required.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have experience of work with pupils or be keen to learn on the job.
· Be a creative, enthusiastic and energetic practitioner and a real team player.
· Communicate with pupils, staff and parents effectively, both verbally and in a written form.
· Is someone who can use agreed teaching and learning strategies consistently, yet also respond to educational needs in the 'here and now' to enhance learning opportunities within a lesson.
In return we offer:
· a committed team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
· excellent professional development opportunities
· strong, collaborative partnerships with other local schools
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday July 13th Midday
Interview Date: Friday 15th July 2022 (AM)