Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a hardworking, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable and well organised person to join our team as Site Manager.
Although the role will be based at Abbotsweld Primary Academy, the school is part of a trust of 6 schools and the Site Manager would be expected to support colleagues across all schools as and when required.
Duties will include security of the buildings and site, including Health and Safety compliance, non-specialist maintenance and repairs, grounds work, managing contractors and general porterage. The post holder will be responsible for the cleaning of designated areas on a daily basis in conjunction with other cleaning staff.
Previous Site Manager experience would be beneficial, although a high level of technical ability in routine maintenance, handy-person skills and managing premises projects is essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be honest, reliable and hardworking and able to work using their own initiative
- Have good DIY and premises skills and be able to carry out minor repairs and jobs competently
- Have the ability and confidence to supervise and monitor the work of cleaning staff
- Be willing to attend relevant courses to develop their expertise
- Be good at prioritising and meeting deadlines and to work independently
- Be committed to achieving high standards in their work
- Have good record keeping skills
- Be flexible and cheerful and enjoy working with children, parents, governors and staff - Be a good team player, be pro-active and willing to become involved in all aspects of school life
- Have basic IT skills
Annual leave to be taken during school closure periods.
Information about the School
Welcome to Abbotsweld Primary Academy, 'Where pupils find a Sense of SELF'
It is with pleasure that I welcome you to our school community. We are an aspirational school devoted to pupils reaching academic success, having positive wellbeing and great physical development. We motivate pupils to flourish through our curriculum, which includes our bespoke Sense of SELF Programme, Pupil Athlete Pathway and STAC (Sensory Theraphy Activity Challenge).
Pupils at Abbotsweld further succeed by taking advantage of our enrichment programme whether it be political debate, performing on stage, playing out on the sports field, being a part of pupil voice programmes, leading a charitable activity or through one of the many more clubs available.
Throughout every pupils' time at Abbotsweld they will work so that they can leave us with a full grasp of who they are through our values:
Academic Success - Positive Wellbeing - Physical Development
Collaboration - Continuous Improvement - Community
Please do contact us to find out more and book a visit. More information about all of the above can be found within the website.
Mrs Katherine Benson
Head of School, Abbotsweld Primary Academy