Download printable version
CLACTON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
INCLUSION SUPPORT WORKER (FIXED TERM CONTRACT 1 YEAR)
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3 (Point 4-5)
Actual Salary From: £12,971
Start Date: September 2022
An opportunity has arisen at Clacton County High School to extend the current Inclusion Support team working with an excellent group of colleagues within our Special Educational Needs faculty.
As a school, we are determined never to stand still and as a result of this commitment, we are seeking an enthusiastic member of staff to become part of our Inclusion Support team. A motivated person to work alongside colleagues both teaching and non-teaching, to be a role model for all our students, but with a particular focus on supporting those who require assistance in overcoming any barriers to learning, so they are able to access the full curriculum in order to achieve their potential.
The Inclusion Support team at CCHS is committed to our guiding principles of 'Higher Expectations, Raising Aspirations, Transforming Lives'. The role of the Inclusion Support Worker is to promote and instil these ideals, encouraging all students within their care to access the curriculum and engage with their learning and to build positive, respectful and lasting relationships with others to become successful and valued citizens. Being an Inclusion Support Worker is more than just supporting a student with their learning in a classroom setting, it is also about really understanding the needs of the individual child to ensure they feel happy and safe in school.
We would be delighted to welcome your application if you feel inspired to be part of the CCHS experience, and have a commitment to understanding who we are, what we value and the culture we are creating. We want to recruit the best staff and invest in them believing this will lead to the best education for our students, our commitment is to both our staff and students.
If you have:
· Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
· A shared passion for the ethos of making a real difference to young people with the ability to motivate, inspire and have high expectations of students.
· A commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are:
· A dynamic person looking for an opportunity to work within the education sector.
· Enthusiastic and committed, adaptable and positive.
· Excited to be part of a committed and caring Inclusion Support team supporting children to realise their potential.
…. then CCHS is the school for the next step in your career.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
· Provide particular and skilled 1-1 support to students as directed by the Inclusion Support Co-ordinators or SENDCo/Assistant SENDCo.
· To encourage the inclusion of students with SEND in a mainstream setting.
· Understand specific learning needs and styles and provide differentiated support to students individually and within a group in partnership with the teacher.
· Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to students' responses as appropriate.
· Establish positive relationships with students.
(The full details can be found in the attached job outline and person specification)
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Clacton County High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
· Free tea and coffee available in all team rooms and communal staff room.
· Sociable and friendly staff.
· Staff weekly wellbeing opportunities.
· Staff social events.
This post is 30 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (Term-Time only)
This is a 1 year Fixed Term contract.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply by using the link provided below;
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 11th July 2022
Interviewing date: W/C Monday 18th July 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
CCHS is a forward-thinking school with an innovative curriculum designed to meet the needs of all students whatever their ability or need. With an expanding number of students, currently approximately 1700, including a sixth form of around 300, we pride ourselves on creating a personal and supportive environment to promote higher expectations and raise aspirations.
In September 2018, CCHS was rated by Ofsted as a good school with many outstanding features, particularly in regard to leadership and our sixth form provision. We are also proud to be the lead school for the local teacher training scheme.
As well as a firm commitment to all of our students, we are also very committed to supporting colleagues, providing a great CPD and training programme with opportunities for career progression and enhancement.