Download printable version
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 4-5, Point 6-11
Actual salary from: £15,025 - £16,589
Hours: 32.5 hours per week (39 working weeks, 44.5 paid weeks)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking an outstanding individual to supervise whole classes during the absence of teachers. Cover Supervisors will give instructions for the lesson as provided by a teacher and the primary focus of the role will be to maintain good order and to keep students on task.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Supervising pupils engaged in learning activities including Catch Up interventions
● Act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct and behaviour
● Keep pupils on task and respond to general queries
● Providing feedback to teachers and record keeping, recording absence, etc.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● Be educated to degree level or currently studying for a degree
● Maths and English GCSE grade A to C or equivalent
● A commitment to high achievement from students and themselves
● Excellent organisation and inter-personal skills
● Flexibility and a good sense of humour
● Good knowledge of IT
● The ability to use their own initiative
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Thomas Lord Audley School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please visit the URL link below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday,Monday 4th July 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
The Thomas Lord Audley School is a high performing, over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with just under 800 students (capacity 840), situated to the south of Colchester. It is the "most improved school in Essex" (Essex LA September 2016). It serves a diverse catchment area including Old Heath, Monkwick, Shrub End and the villages to the south of Colchester including the community of Mersea Island.
Categorised as good and rapidly improving in its recent Ofsted inspection, it has been commended for the quality of its leadership, the standard of its teaching, and the welfare, behaviour and achievement of its pupils.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, St Helena School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. In the past, the school has benefited from the Stanway Federation’s programme of seconding high quality staff between schools and the development of wide-ranging in-service training which has led to on-going school improvement. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust can only enhance this development.