Download printable version
CLACTON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
INCLUSION SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR - SEMH
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 5 (Point 8-11)
Actual Salary From: £17,796
Start Date: September 2022
An opportunity has arisen at Clacton County High School for an enthusiastic person to become part of our Inclusion Support team working with children with behavioural and SEMH needs who require additional support to enable them to be successful within a mainstream environment.
We are seeking a dedicated individual, with the patience and understanding to lead and deliver an internal support programme to a small group of students to build resilience and develop positive and trusting relationships.
Students on the internally supported programme have pre-established barriers to their learning caused by behaviour, emotional needs or social difficulties. For the duration of their programme, students will follow a mainstream curriculum but it will be specifically adapted to suit their individual needs. A key element of the role will be to deliver bespoke interventions and support all aspects of this programme. Students will work within a designated, fully equipped space located on the school site.
The Inclusion Support Co-ordinator will be required to assist with the development of One Plans with the aim of a successful transition back into the full mainstream timetable for individual students.
The Inclusion Support team at CCHS is committed to our guiding principles of 'Higher Expectations, Raising Aspirations, Transforming Lives'. We would be delighted to welcome your application if you feel inspired to be part of the CCHS experience, and have a commitment to understanding who we are, what we value and the culture we are creating. We want to recruit the best staff and invest in them believing this will lead to the best education for our students, our commitment is to both our staff and students.
If you have:
· Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
· An understanding of Trauma Perceptive Practice.
· A shared passion for the ethos of making a real difference to young people with the ability to motivate, inspire and have high expectations of students.
· A commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are:
· A dynamic person looking for an opportunity to work within the education sector.
· Enthusiastic and committed, adaptable, resilient and positive.
· Excited to be part of a committed and caring Inclusion Support team supporting children to realise their potential.
…. then CCHS is the school for the next step in your career.
Full details can be found in the attached job outline and person specification, please complete an application form to become part of the CCHS experience.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
· Co-ordinate and deliver programme interventions.
· Support students to self-regulate successfully.
· Complete the assess, plan, do, review cycle for an identified group of students working with all stakeholders to build positive and trusting relationships.
· To encourage the inclusion of students in a mainstream setting and support successful re-integrations back into all lessons.
· Inspire and motivate students, understand specific needs and styles and provide scaffolded support to students individually and within a group in partnership with the teacher.
· Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed.
· To be a role model for the students.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Clacton County High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 37 hours per week, 39 weeks (Term time and non-pupil days)
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply via link provided:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: 9am,Monday 11th July 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
CCHS is a forward-thinking school with an innovative curriculum designed to meet the needs of all students whatever their ability or need. With an expanding number of students, currently approximately 1700, including a sixth form of around 300, we pride ourselves on creating a personal and supportive environment to promote higher expectations and raise aspirations.
In September 2018, CCHS was rated by Ofsted as a good school with many outstanding features, particularly in regard to leadership and our sixth form provision. We are also proud to be the lead school for the local teacher training scheme.
As well as a firm commitment to all of our students, we are also very committed to supporting colleagues, providing a great CPD and training programme with opportunities for career progression and enhancement.