Download printable version
Thameside Primary School
Manor Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6EF
Wishes to appoint a
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Band A Point 1 - 6
(£12,696.71 - £14,014.60 per annum)
30 hours per week
Monday - Friday, 8:40am - 3:30pm, 20 minute break and 30 minute lunch break both unpaid
37 weeks of the year - term time only
Start Date: September 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join Thameside Primary School.
The Learning Support Assistant will support with the planning and preparing of lessons/learning activities. The successful candidate will actively promote the development of the physical and mental wellbeing of pupils and will manage and supervise pupil behaviour.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate: -
· The ability to communicate with other members of staff effectively
· The ability to build a strong professional relationship with the children and their families
· A willingness to take part in class planning and adapt it to the needs of the child where applicable
· Good organisational skills
· Good behaviour management skills
· Good basic English and Mathematics(GCSE A - C or equivalent preferable)
· The ability to communicate with parents and to attend professional meetings where required
· Good record keeping skills (Progress and medical where required)
· Personal Care
· A passion for the impact teaching and learning can have on improving life
· A commitment to delivering education of the highest standard
We will offer you:
· 2 week October half term
· Recognition of continuous service
· Automatic enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme
· Continuous Professional Development
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
Applications forms are available via Essex School Jobs, or the School and Trust website. Alternatively, please contact:
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01375 648901
Closing date: Wednesday 13th July 2022, Midday
Interview date: Monday 18th July 2022
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Thameside Primary is a rapidly expanding School which serves a diverse community. A commitment to equal oportunities and inclusion is essential.
Thameside is part of Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust who have four primary schools.Our schools' ethos is based on the Co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and sharing a sense of collective responsibility for supporting each other. The Trust schools are based in Thurrock, a semi-rural location with excellent transport links to London.