Download printable version
Rainbow Rangers Breakfast and Afterschool Club are looking for an enthusiastic Deputy Manager to join their team.
Hours of work:
Breakfast Club and After School club hours to be discussed.
- Planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents/carers.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Providing support and supervision to play workers and other staff, including volunteers.
- Administration and record keeping, including staff and child records, financial records, ordering and purchasing, and working within an agreed budget.
- Developing and maintaining good communication with all members of the club, with schools, and especially with parents.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Monitoring and maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment.
- Working within the framework of the club's policies and procedures, and the Early Years Foundation Stage.
This position is open to a progression to a full time deputy manager's position. Minimum Level 2 or preferrably Level 3 in Child Care is required. Statutory holiday entitlement applies. We are part of Nest the government's pension scheme. Some hours may be required during the six weeks holiday to work in the Rainbow Rangers holiday club.
Please note that this position is working directly for Rainbow Rangers and not Boxted St Peter's School itself. However, a close working relationship exisits between the two with mutal expectations in terms of professional conduct and a committment to safeguarding children. As such all posts are subject to enhanced DBS and reference checks.