Download printable version
We are looking for 2 organised, caring and professional individuals to join our growing school as Health Care Assistants.
Working hours: 8.45am - 3.15pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Days: Monday to Friday - term time plus non pupil days (39 weeks plus 4.5 weeks paid holiday allowance).Must be available to work 5 days a week
Actual starting salary: £13,069.88
Main Duties Include but not limited to:
· To administer OTC, prescription, and controlled drug medications.
· To assist with preparation, updating and archiving of medical records.
· To maintain current own First Aid Qualification and mandatory training.
· To communicate as appropriate with the SLG, parents and other staff and agencies
· To be aware of, and implement, routine procedures as outlined in the School's policies.
· To adhere to individual health care plans for pupils with specific health care needs.
· To support the holistic wellbeing of all pupils actively.
· To assist with organising and co-ordinating immunisations.
· Uphold medical confidentiality in line with legal duty of confidentiality to pupils and maintain medical records accurately.
· Ensure that all dispensed treatment given, and supplies used are recorded.
· Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, keep up-to-date with relevant clinical and healthcare issues relevant to schools.
· To continuously promote the welfare of children and young people.
Experience working in care and/or with SEN children an advantage but not essential as is previous training in medication administering.