Download printable version
LGS Scale 12 - Points 43-48 (£47,665 - £54,244 per annum)
Full time, 52.14 weeks per year
Required for October 2022, we seek to appoint a School Business Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the school budget, finances and health & safety.
St John Payne Catholic School is a diverse, friendly, supportive and community spirited secondary school with 1200 students including 260 in the sixth form, enjoying a long record of academic success and high quality pastoral care.
The Business Manager will play a key role in supporting the Headteacher and senior leadership team to ensure our continued progress, with responsibilities including HR management, Site & Buildings, Catering, Health & Safety and GDPR.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Secure experience of financial management, including end-of-year accounts and external liaison with auditors.
• Ability to maintain appropriate financial systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Ability to think strategically and to articulate how they will further the school's vision.
• Familiarity with business priorities in the education sector, and ability to balance competing priorities.
• Ability to analyse and interpret data, presenting it in accessible form to various audiences to inform decision making.
• Sound judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to successfully line manage colleagues to ensure high quality provision.
For an application pack please contact the school office or follow the link from the 'Vacancies' section of our website www.sjp.essex.sch.uk. For enquiries please contact Gemma Daly - firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and fitness to work declaration.
CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 10TH JULY 2022
INTERVIEWS: THURSDAY 14TH JULY 2022
Information about the School
St. John Payne is a very popular, heavily oversubscribed, mixed 11-18 comprehensive with a Sixth Form in excess of 200. The School enjoys an excellent academic reputation at both GCSE and ‘A’ Level.