Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
Fixed Term until August 2023
Pay Scale 3 Points 4-5
Working hours - 20 hours a week, five days a week Mornings only
Actual Salary - £8647 plus Outer Fringe £285
Start Date - 1st September 2022
We are seeking experienced a Learning Support Assistant to join our highly committed team of support staff to support a child with complex behaviour and special educational needs (on the Autism Spectrum) in one of our Early Years classes.
Our Learning Support Assistants have the highest professional standards in order to provide the very best progress and attainment for our children.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
· have experience of working in an educational setting, supporting children with a range of needs including Autism and speech and language needs and who display challenging behaviour
· knowledge of successful strategies to engage pupils with specific and significant needs
· have experience of adapting the curriculum for pupils with SEND
· be highly positive and supportive
· remain calm and flexible, be caring, have patience, and have a sense of humour
· have a good standard of English and Mathematics (minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent)
Hours are 8.30 am - 12.45 pm = 20 hours per week, term time only.
Information about the School
Lincewood Primary School is an inclusive, caring and supporting school, with children at the heart of every decision we make. We have aspirational expectations and a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum, which aims to foster a love of learning. Our school values revolve around the ICARE acronym, helping us to develop an inclusive, caring, aspirational, resilient and enthusiastic atmosphere for all.
We are a Thrive school and use the principles of Thrive to support pupils who have experienced childhood trauma and we are proud to be an Inclusion Centre of Excellence.