Download printable version
Limes Farm Junior and Limes Farm Nursery and Infant School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, reliable and practical individual to help ensure our school environment is always presented at its best. Both schools are based on the same site.
The successful candidate must be able to effectively manage the maintenance, cleaning, security, heating and health and safety of the site and grounds. As a valued member of the school team, making a positive contribution to the ethos of our schools and communicating effectively with people including pupils, staff and outside contractors and governors is a requirement.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is reliable, has energy, vision and takes pride in their work
· Will ensure that our school site is safe, clean and tidy to provide a high-quality learning environment for our children.
· Will undertake preventative maintenance & repairs and is practical, with good DIY skills
· Is computer literate
· Will act as the main key holder, with responsibility for locking and/or unlocking the school site
· Will act as the nominated alarm contact for school
· Will liaise with contractors and cleaning staff
· Will take a key role in health & safety checks and monitoring, including Fire, Legionella and play equipment with input to COSHH and Risk Assessments
· Will monitor and order cleaning stocks
· Will adhere to and uphold all school policies in particular Safeguarding and Health and Safety using the IAM compliant tool
· May need to support other schools in the trust other than their normal place of work
Due to the physical nature of some of the work, good health and a flexible approach to a variety of tasks is required. Understanding the need to prioritise workload and ensure good risk management in a school environment is paramount.
It is essential that this vacancy is filled by a candidate who takes pride in the learning environment of the school and understands their contribution to the positive experience of our pupils.
Previous experience in a similar position would be beneficial. Qualifications or experience in a trade (electrical, plumbing, building) would also be desirable.
A general overview of Health and Safety would also be an advantage but training will be provided.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to:
· Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of children
· Promoting equality of opportunity where diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued
· The fundamental British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
What we can offer:
· House to be available after a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months
· Professional Development opportunities, including Asbestos Management, Legionella/Water Safety Checks and general Health and Safety training which may be online or face to face
· Local Government Pension Scheme membership
· Continuous service if your current role is Local Authority or Education based (subject to requirements)
· Our values driven approach and the opportunity to work in a supportive, collaborative and friendly environment.
For further information regarding this post or to arrange a visit to our schools, please contact C. Andrews- School Business Manager from Limes Farm Junior School- 02085007566.