Download printable version
£4.81 per hour within the first year of apprenticeship. 36 hours per week, term-time only
Hours of work: 8:30 - 3:15 (45 minute lunch break) + 20% (6 hours) off the job training to be completed after school hours.
We are looking to appoint an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join our increasingly popular, on-site Nursery. Working with children aged 3-4 years as part of the nursery team, you will provide safe, high quality education and care for young children.
· To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
· To help to set up the classroom for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
· To act as a keyworker to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
· To advise the nursery leader of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
· To attend staff meetings.
· To attend in-service training courses and meetings as requires.
· To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
· To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the nursery lead, in accordance with the nursery's business plan/objectives.
When you undertake an apprenticeship in childcare, you will learn all the underpinning knowledge you need to do your job effectively, and you will develop the skills and behaviours needed to help the children who rely on you from day to day. You will also need to study Maths & English at a level appropriate to your apprenticeship, but you may be exempt from these if you have existing qualifications with evidence in an acceptable format.
You will have a structured learning programme including both 'on the job' and 'off the job' activities, designed to cover everything you need to learn. Your tutor will meet with you regularly to guide you through your learning and this will be complemented by support from us. You will build a portfolio of evidence which will include work you have completed, professional discussion records and observations by your tutor, and you will have plenty of opportunity to put into practice the new skills you are learning. Your progress will be reviewed regularly and you will be involved in this process.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school, in a role with real variety from day one whilst working towards a qualification. The successful candidate must have excellent people and communication skills and be flexible to adapt to changing situations.
Please note: applicants must not have already completed a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship.
If you are reading this thinking, "that sounds like me!" Then we would LOVE to hear from you!