Download printable version
Required: January 2023
Millfields Primary School is an Ofsted rated Outstanding school, that is at the heart of the Wivenhoe community. It is a one form entry Foundation school, with the exception of a two form entry in the current year 4, and has 249 pupils on roll. There is an established culture of high academic and non-academic expectations, achieved through a holistic, child-centred approach and a drive to deliver the highest standards of teaching and learning. There is also a strong focus on supporting each child's wellbeing and developing their resilience.
The school is much loved by pupils, staff and parents/carers, and Wivenhoe itself is a remarkable, unique and historic riverside town with a village feel. It features in the Sunday Times' list of the Best Places to Live in Britain and is described by The Guardian as 'a gem'.
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governing Body seek to appoint a dynamic, innovative, inspiring and self-motivated leader who will build upon on our current successes, leading the school in providing exceptional educational opportunities and outcomes for our pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• have proven leadership skills within an exemplary career in Primary Education
• have a dynamic vision for driving excellence across all areas of school life
• promote academic and non-academic excellence for all pupils by leading an innovative educational community
• empower and support staff to create exciting and highly effective learning environments which inspire our children
• lead and inspire the school community with passion and dedication
• ensure the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources in supporting best practice within the school at all times
As a school, we are proud to offer:
• enthusiastic, engaged pupils, who are motivated to learn and are proud of their school and its community
• a forward thinking curriculum, delivered through an innovative use of experts within our community, the outside and local environments
• KS2 results consistently above the national average
• a deeply committed and skilled team of staff, who deliver a successful and individualised pupil focussed approach to learning
• an effective and highly motivated senior leadership team
• an Outstanding Ofsted rating (Nov 2014)
• a committed and highly supportive Governing Body
• a strong focus on wellbeing amongst staff and pupils
• a healthy, balanced budget
• strong and productive relationships with external agencies, local cluster group, parents, carers and stakeholders.
• A spacious and attractive campus
• an enthusiastic and hardworking PTA
• facilities for well attended breakfast and after school clubs, and a wide range of extra-curricular clubs and activities
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged before 21st July 2022. Please contact the Chair of Governors, Dave Roscoe, by email - email@example.com to arrange a visit.
If you've missed the chance to see the school in action during the summer term, we'd like to offer you the chance to have a discussion with the governors instead. Please email Dave Roscoe firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. There will then be the opportunity to visit the school early in the Autumn term before the interviews if you are successful at the shortlisting stage.