Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Learning Support Assistant - Kents Hill Infant Academy
Contract: Fixed Term, ending 31st August 2025
Hours per week: 15 hours per week (38 weeks - Term time only)
Actual Salary: £6,485.64 to £6,615.60 per annum (Depending on experience)
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Closing Date: 6th July 2022
Interview Date: 11th July 2022
Kents Hill Infant Academy are seeking a highly motivated and experienced SEN Learning Support Assistant to provide support to a SEND child with EHC Plans. The successful candidate will be required to work 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:45 am to 12 noon, and need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO.
We would like to hear from you if you:
● Are seeking a rewarding role.
● Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and are patience and understanding.
● Have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or Level 2 and above).
● Have experience of working with SEND children.
● Knowledge of the 4 areas of difference for Autism.
● Supporting challenge and de-escalation techniques.
● Have a good understanding of child development.
● Experience with severe learning difficulties.
● Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
● Have excellent communication skills.
We can offer:
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 792500 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Kents Hill Infant Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Our school is happy, friendly and very successful and as of January 1st 2019 we are delighted to be one of a family of schools as part of the South Essex Academy Trust. We aim to provide an exciting, stimulating, safe and secure environment where outstanding learning takes place. We are very much a family school. The ethos of the school is reflected in excellent relationships and in its purposeful and caring atmosphere. Parents, carers, staff and directors all contribute to our success. Our children make excellent progress and the school enjoys very high standards. We firmly believe that “every child matters” and we provide the highest quality learning opportunities for all our children. This includes a broad range of extra curricular activities.