Download printable version
Position: Pre-School Practitioner Level 2/ 3 1:1 support
Responsible to: Pre-School Manager
Purpose of Job: To work as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the pre-school leader to provide safe, high quality education and care specifically for the young person in your care.
• To support a child with gross motor development delay and global development delay.
• To support the child in small groups and 1:1 interventions
• To provide stimulating floor activities to enhance learning
• To get to know and understand the child's needs and interests and use this understanding to work with the child to support and encourage
• To support the child's social and emotional well being
• To help the child to engage socially with their peers
• To support and encourage good behaviour to enable the child to work within the boundaries set.
• Support targets from the child's one plan and assist to develop next steps.
• To maintain a safe and secure environment for the child
• To help and support the child to understand his feelings and emotions and be able to try and express these in an appropriate way.
• To support the child to make good choices and encourage independent learning
• To demonstrate excellent communication and literacy skills.
• To work with a range of agencies to deliver appropriate support programmes
• To assist in observations, assessments and recording the child's progress
• To work in partnership with parents, SENDCo and other professionals involved with the child
• To plan activities to encourage continued development
• To keep up to date with current thinking by attending courses, reading documents, articles etc as required to fulfil this role and attend training to support this role.
This role may require extended floor activities as well and age appropriate lifting of a child aged 2.
Hours of work Mon - Fri 09.00 - 12.00
Information about the School
Come and work for us we were recently awarded an Essex Teaching Award and a Pride of Essex Award.
We have highly skilled staff, bright and colourful classrooms, a stimulating outside hard surface garden and fantastic forest school area with an outdoor classroom. We have fun whilst learning and create the most amazing opporutunites for our children.
We offer funding for 2,3+4 year olds and are open every day from 08.45 to 3.30.
We provide a uniform to wear and are committed to supporting staff Continuing Professional Development.
We are a small dedicated team who strive to improve the educational outcomes for children as well as extending the children's life experiences through visits, outings and in house opportunities.
Call us now for an informal chat or to arrange a visit
01255 672189 / email@example.com.