Download printable version
Role: Learning Support Assistant
Contract type: Part-time, Permanent
Working hours: 32.5 per week - 08:15am - 3:30pm (including 45 minutes unpaid break)
Working Weeks: 39 weeks (Term time plus non-pupil days)
Salary:Point Range 3-5 - Actual Salary £14,159 - £14,731
Start date:1st September 2022
The Epsilon Star Multi Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join Lubbins Park Primary School and Nursery based in Canvey Island, Essex.
Lubbins Park Primary School and Nursery is a popular and friendly school that strongly believes in providing children with exciting, creative and diverse learning experiences, which build their enthusiasm for education and help them to grow positively as Global Citizens.
The tasks of a learning support assistant can be diverse, however typical responsibilities will include:
- Developing social/emotional skills of pupils based on individual needs.
- Supporting individual children with a range of Special Educational Needs to overcome barriers to learning and to close gaps in education.
- A passion for supporting children of all needs and abilities.
- The ability to work on a variety of activities with groups of pupils.
- Providing pupils with a calm, supportive and encouraging environment in which to learn and grow
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to work alongside a welcoming, dedicated and supportive team as well as a strong professional development ethos and caring atmosphere where everyone is valued.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is of primary importance to the school and the Trust. We are committed to safer recruitment practice and full pre-employment checks, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be completed for the successful candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please review the detailed job description and person specification for further information.
If you would like to discuss the role further or arrange a visit to the school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01268 750555 to arrange an appointment.