Download printable version
Thameside Primary School
Manor Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6EF
Wishes to appoint a
Salary: Band A Point 1 - 6
(£2,816.45 - £3,108.79 actual salary per annum depending on experience)
6 hours 40 minutes per week
Monday - Friday 12:15pm - 1:35pm
37 weeks of the year - term time only
Start Date: September 2022
We require a Midday Assistant to start with us in the new academic year. Duties include supervising children on the playground and in the dining hall and escorting pupils between the two areas. The work can be demanding but can also be very rewarding.
Experience is desirable, although not essential, as full training will be provided.
The successful applicant will:
· Interact with the children to encourage good social skills and will lead outdoor activities to encourage participation.
· Encourage healthy eating, preparing the tables, supervise playing with the children outside, supervising the clearing up of games and toys, administering first aid and using the school's behaviour plan
· Ensure the safety and care of pupils who are injured or unwell & provide comfort if distressed
· Assist children with Personal Care where necessary.
We will offer you:
· 2 week October half term
· Recognition of continuous service
· Automatic enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme
· Continuous Professional Development
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
Applications forms are available via Essex School Jobs, or the School and Trust website. Alternatively, please contact:
Contact details: email@example.com, 01375 648901
Closing date: Monday 4th July 2022, Midday
Interview date: Monday 11th July 2022
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Thameside Primary is a rapidly expanding School which serves a diverse community. A commitment to equal oportunities and inclusion is essential.
Thameside is part of Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust who have four primary schools.Our schools' ethos is based on the Co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and sharing a sense of collective responsibility for supporting each other. The Trust schools are based in Thurrock, a semi-rural location with excellent transport links to London.