Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant required for KS2 Learning Support Assistant required for 30 hours per week term time only (8.45am-3.15pm) across 5 days including a lunch time duty of 30 minutes and a 30 minute lunch break. Giffards Scale 2 or 3 dependent on experience and qualifications. Actual salary from £12,800-£15,110
Start - September 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in our friendly and supportive school in KS2 initially.
This role would suit someone who has experience of working with children or a university leaver educated to degree level looking to move into teaching in the future who would like to work in a school to develop their experience.
To become part of this team it would be advantageous if you have experience of working with children, previous experience of working with SEN children is desirable.
· enjoy working with children
· have a patient and positive approach towards supporting pupils' learning
· be conscientious and enthusiastic at all times
· be able to work on your own initiative
· have strong communication skills and be an effective team member.
· have a clear understanding of positive behaviour management.
You will be expected to;
· Take some responsibility for the progress of SEN pupils.
· Help to organise the classroom to create a positive learning environment.
· To motivate pupils
· To work with others to plan and coordinate work.
· To stay up to date with changes and developments
· To take part in school events and activities
· To be patient, empathetic, and have an ability to build rapport with children, creating a safe
· teaching environment
· Work 30 minutes per day at lunchtimes supporting purposeful, safe play
Applicants need to hold relevant qualifications such as
· A relevant degree/ LSA qualifications e.g. NVQ Level 2/3, and/or be willing to undergo training.
· A good overall basic education is essential; it is essential that you have GCSE or equivalent in at least Mathematics and English at grade C or above.
If you have the desire and drive to ensure children achieve their best we would be delighted to hear from you. Visits to the school are welcomed and warmly encouraged, please call Mrs Sue Bryant (School Business Manager) on 01375 672138 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Please take care to complete the application in full, as any incomplete applications will not be considered. The school reserves the right to close the listing at any time and shortlist earlier if strong candidates apply earlier in the process. This is a public facing role and the successful candidate must speak fluent English.
Giffards Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of all pupils and adheres to the Safer Recruitment guidelines. The appointment will be subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS criminal record check.
If you have the background and passion for working with children please apply now.
Closing date: Thursday 9th July at midday. Interview Date: ASAP after closing
Information about the School
Giffards has been a primary school since 2005, with the amalgamation of the previous Infant and Junior schools. We currently have 15 classes with 440 pupils. We are a welcoming, friendly and inclusive primary academy, where we nurture and celebrate the achievements of all of our children. We have a large, experienced team of teachers and LSAs as well as specialist Music and PE staff. This has created a large school. We have invested heavily in ICT; all our classrooms have interactive screens as does our music room. We have an ICT suite with 30 computers plus interactive screen and also have a chrome book for every child for use across the school. All teaching staff have their own laptops which are used for planning and centralisation of information and resources.