Download printable version
SEND Teacher (EYFS & Key Stage 1)
Hamstel Infant School & Nursery, Hamstel Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 4PQ
Salary Range: Main Pay Range, according to experience.
Lookinf for someone who has at least 3 years teaching experience, aspiring SENCo
1st September 2022
About the Role
Hamstel Infant School and Nursery aspires to be at the heart of the local communities it serves. We aim to deliver an excellent Early Years and Infant education and create memorable opportunities and experiences for our pupils. To support the development of our teaching team at Hamstel Infant School and Nursery, we are seeking to appoint a strong teacher to lead learning alongside our outstanding SENCo, to join us on our ongoing journey for continued school improvement.
Hamstel Infant School and Nursery prides itself on being a child focused caring community; one in which all stakeholders views are valued. We are proud to be held in high esteem by our families and the local community and wish to share this valued position with the right candidate. We are an inclusive, nurturing school with excellent facilities for Outdoor Learning and an indoor swimming pool. We currently have 2 specialist units within the school to support children with Autism, 1 Nurture Unit and a Speech and Language Base.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, highly organised, professional and flexible and have at least 3 years teaching experience. An aspiring SENCo.
The main scope of the job is to:
- Establish purposeful learning for SEND pupils where diversity is valued and where pupils feel secure and confident.
- Teach the required or expected knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to the relevant curriculums for all pupils. Plan and teach clearly structured lessons or sequences of work, to lead by example in supporting others in inspiring and motivating pupils.
- Provide inspirational approaches for learning opportunities to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Organise and manage teaching and learning time effectively.
- Organise and manage the physical learning spaces, materials and other resources appropriately, safely and effectively with the help of support staff where applicable.
- Set high expectations for pupils' and establish clear frameworks for acceptable behaviours to promote self-control and independence.
- Provide additional opportunities out of class to consolidate and extend work carried out in the class, encouraging pupils to learn independently.
- Work collaboratively with specialist teachers and other colleagues.
- Manage the work of the bases and teaching assistants or other adults to enhance pupils' learning. Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and Primary curriculum.
- Set challenging learning objectives which are relevant to individual pupils.
- Plan lessons, and sequences of lessons, showing how pupils' learning will be assessed to inform their next steps in learning.
- Select and prepare resources, taking account of pupils' interests and backgrounds.
Closing Date: Friday 1st July 2022 at noon.
Interviews: Friday 8th July 2022
For further details or an application pack if unable to download the form from the website, please contact Rebecca Sanderson, HR Manager, Portico Academy Trust, Ronald Hill Grove, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex SS9 2JB
Telephone: 01702 987890 x310
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Teaching Staff Application Form
SEND Teacher Job Description
SEND Teacher Person Specification
Information about the School
At Hamstel Infant School and Nursery there is always a warm welcome awaiting you in
an environment that is both happy and safe. Our special motto is ‘We Care…’ and
this is fundamental to everyone and everything we do. Our school is an inclusive,
caring and vibrant educational learning space that has grown to five forms of entry
with a Nursery of 48 full-time equivalent places.
We have a fabulous team of committed and enthusiastic staff and Governors, all of
whom are supported by the excellent resources we have on a spacious site, with well-resourced facilities and the expertise to provide your child with unique opportunities for learning. We have a large team of highly dedicated professionals who are committed to guiding the children’s learning and development to enable them to reach their full potential. Our team uses a whole school nurture approach to guide children with their personal and social skills in order to prepare them for life-long learning.
We are a very inclusive school and pride ourselves in treating every child and family as individuals. We encourage all our children to achieve their best and grow into thoughtful, kind and considerate members of the school community and society as a whole. We take great pride in sharing our school’s many achievements and special awards to advance our
skills and support others too