Download printable version
Job Description - SEND Learning Support Assistant
The Felmore Primary School has an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join our team.
The hours are 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday, during term time and including inset days (1 hour lunch break)
Salary Scale 3 or 4 depending on experience - Actual Salary £11,108.97 which includes paid annual leave which must be taken during school closure periods.
The Felmore Primary School is one of the eight schools which form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background. The Trust is growing rapidly and is a vibrant, exciting and dynamic place to learn and work.
We are looking for somebody who:
· has experience working with primary age pupils on a 1:1 basis
· has experience and a knowledge and understanding of children with autism, pathological demand avoidance, ADHD and social, emotional and mental health difficulties and has a range of strategies to manage and support children
· Is qualified to NVQ Level 2 or above and who has also achieved GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above
· has a strong and caring personality and is calm, patient and firm at all times
· Has high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
· will support a child with the curriculum and day to day school life
· will deliver activities and interventions as required under direction of the class teacher and SENCO/Head of Inclusion
· will take advice and guidance from colleagues and other professionals
· will work autonomously and as part of a team
· will communicate effectively with pupils, parents and staff
· will supervise break-time activities, as and when needed
We can offer,
· a commitment to your professional development
· a supportive school and Trust team
· Wonderful children
· a fabulous school environment
the chance to make a difference in the lives of children
We strongly advise a visit to the school is made prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting the office on email@example.com or by phone 01268 729885.
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should you require any further documentation please do not hesitate to contact us.