Download printable version
Are you passionate about working in a school, committed to supporting pupils? If you so, we need you here!
Under new headship we are on an exciting journey of growth and development whilst maintaining our Catholic ethos and living our core Gospel values.
We are a popular, friendly school which primarily serves the Catholic community of Tilbury. Each and every child is cherished and expected to achieve their very best. We deliver our mission statement by enabling our pupils and the wider community to Respect Ourselves, Respect Others, Respect Our World, Love God and in doing so, learn to love one another, learn to love our world and develop a love of learning in the process.
We promote a rich curriculum with a strong emphasis physical and mental wellbeing as well as utilising our outdoor learning resources with our newly developed Forest School space. We serve our community by providing a welcoming, supportive and caring environment where children thrive academically and socially and where the stimulating, aspirational learning ethos reflects high expectations. We would love you to join us.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Teaching Assistant to work five days a week including lunchtime supervision daily.
The hours will be hours per week hours from 8.30am until 3.30pm each day, (28.75 hours per week) term time only and in addition, 5 days INSET training as required at the discretion of the Headteacher.
The successful applicant will:
- Be enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative and resilience
- Be an effective communicator with pupils and staff
- Is self-motivated with high expectations of self and others
- Hold at least an A - C pass in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
The successful applicant would be expected to:
- Work under direct supervision of the class teachers and/or the Higher Level Teaching Assistants and be expected to use their own initiative to organise activities and tasks
- Use initiative and contribute to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment.
- Work in partnership with other Teaching Assistants
Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupil's progress
- Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for pupils
- Support children with SEN where needed
- Create simple resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate
- Attend INSET days and training as identified by the Head teacher
- Be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school.
The Academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
A dynamic and collaborative team of Senior Leaders across the Trust, who work in partnership and
are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support and sharing practices, whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities
Support to improve the high standards of learning and achievement in our academy.
The school and the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
We are committed to ensuring that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education.
We want to appoint staff, who share our high expectations of everyone in our community, who enjoy working as a member of a team and who take a solution-focused approach. We are also fully committed to a comprehensive programme of Professional Development for staff at all levels.