Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant - Bardfield Academy
Contract: Fixed Term ending 31st August 2028
Hours per week: 31 hours and 40 minutes per week (38 weeks - Term time only)
Point: 4-5 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £14,145.52 to £14,419.16 per annum (including fringe allowance)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 12th July 2022
Interview Date: 18th July 2022
Bardfield Academy are seeking a highly motivated and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant to provide support to a SEND children with an EHC Plans. The successful candidate will be required to work 31 hours and 40 minutes per week, Monday to Thursday 8:15 am to 3.15 pm and Friday 8.15 am to 2pm with 25 minutes for lunch every day, and need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO.
Precision Teaching and Speech and language training is preferred but training will be given to the right candidate. Knowledge of working with children who have a global delay is advantageous.
We would like to hear from you if you:
Are seeking a rewarding role.
· Understanding of working with an EHCP/One Plan.
· Experience working with children with SEMH.
· Have experience of working with SEND children.
· Have a good understanding of child development.
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or Level 2 and above).
We can offer:
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 553488 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Bardfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.