Download printable version
Briscoe Primary School are looking to recruit a new colleague to join the Teaching Assistant team.
Working weeks: - Term-time plus non-pupil days (39 weeks per year)
Salary: - Actual salary range of £13,449.96 to £13,975.59, including fringe allowance (FTE from £19,524 to £20,287 including fringe allowance)
Hours per week: - 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 3:30pm (45 minutes unpaid break)
The successful candidate will work in partnership with the class teacher to support learning in line with the curriculum. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for education, have the skills to help children believe in themselves to achieve their potential and be a team player.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly local school where every member of staff makes a difference.
You will: -
- Promote positive behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task;
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom;
- Monitor and record pupils' activities as appropriate in writing records and reports as required;
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher;
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits;
- Assist with the display and presentation of pupils' work
Academies within the Trust have a highly inclusive ethos and provide a broad and enriched education for their pupils. We have a highly skilled staff who prioritise the support of their colleagues as well as having very high aspirations for their pupils. Each of our colleagues make a difference to our children and as such all play a pivotal role in ensuring our "Good" standards are maintained.
We can offer you:
- values at the HEARTS with 'happiness' of children, parents and staff a priority
- an excellent CPD entitlement with purposeful training, including Trust-wide twilights throughout the year
- a two-week October half term
- the opportunity to work with our lovely children and our school community
- enthusiastic children who want to learn
- supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils
- a highly effective learning environment
- a responsive and involved leadership team
- a school with a highly positive culture that supports all staff; mental health, workload and wellbeing are at the forefront of our vision and values
- access to our school counsellor and network of Mental Health and Wellbeing champions
If you want to work for an organisation that has its children at its heart, then this vacancy could be for you.
See a video of what it's like working at a HEARTS school at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk/careers
For more information on the role and to arrange a tour of the school please contact the school office
It is very important that you complete the application in full, particularly section F which refers to references. We must have the full contact details of two referees, including their name, address, telephone number and email address. Incomplete application forms will not be considered. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we have enough applications to shortlist, therefore we advise that you do not delay applying.
About HEARTS Academy Trust
HEARTS Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race. For this reason, all application forms are anonymised before shortlisting takes place to ensure applicants are considered only on the relevant qualifications, skills and experience that are profiled on the application form and personal statement.
This post advertised is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This
Information about the School
Briscoe Primary School and Nursery is a school that is at the heart of the community it serves. We strive to meet the needs of every child and are lucky to have small class sizes. We pride ourselves on the way in which we balance the highest expectations for all of our children within an environment that nurtures and supports all members of our community. We are well served by transport links and are close to major road networks.
HEARTS Academy Trust is innovative and rewards outstanding staff for outstanding outcomes. The school calendar consists of 184 contact days, 5 non-pupil days and provides high quality additional continuous professional development for the equivalent of 6 days throughout the year.
The Trustees are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check, prohibited from teaching check and references. References are taken up prior to interview.
We can offer you:
an excellent CPD entitlement with purposeful training, including Trust-wide twilights throughout the year
a two-week October half term
supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils
a highly effective learning environment
a responsive and involved leadership team
an 80/20% teaching model (all teachers receive an additional 10% non-contact (PPA) time each week as part of Trust policy)
a school with a highly positive culture that supports all staff; mental health, workload and wellbeing are at the forefront of our vision and values
access to our school counsellor and network of Mental Health and Wellbeing champions
For further information about the HEARTS Academy Trust please visit our website at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk