Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
Salary - Band 6 - Point 23 to 32 (CCT Thurrock Academies Pay Scales). Salary Range: £25,123 - £32,788 FTE (this will be pro-rata so the actual range is from £23,093 to £30,139)
37 hours per week - Term Time plus 2 additional weeks - Permanent contract
Start Date: 1st August 2022 (or when own notice period has expired)
Location: St Joseph's Catholic Primary, Stanford Le Hope, Essex
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has a strong background in Finance who will oversee financial arrangements and control and will assist the Headteacher in budget reviews, projections, setting and monitoring.
The primary responsibilities and requirements for this role are:
· Updating the Headteacher/LGC/SLT on general financial policy and planning
· Co-ordination of annual budget of income and expenditure for the academy
· Monitoring the annual budget and presenting management reports to the Headteacher/LGC/SLT/TRUST BOARD, attending relevant meetings as requested and working in collaboration with the Central Team
· Preparation, of long-term assessments of the future financial performance of the academy
· Preparation of financial appraisals for projects, as required and working in collaboration with the Central Team
· Preparation and co-ordination of income generating activities, including Grant applications
· Advising on the best utilisation of school funds and investing them accordingly
· Responsibility for the accurate completion and validity of payroll returns for the payment of all salaries and wages including PAYE, NIC and Superannuation.
· Keeping the academy account and preparing income and expenditure reports in accordance with DCSF financial regulations and preparation of accounts for submission to the Trust Board and quarterly
· Maintenance of the Academy's Single Central Record
· Overseeing Premises: ensuring certificates are up to date
The successful candidate should be:
· Experience in financial management and budgeting
· Experience of line management
· Working knowledge of Capita SIMMS/ PS Financial system (desirable)
· Working knowledge of appropriate academy's financial policies and procedures
· Someone with a can do and flexible attitude
· professional and reliable
· willing to work collaborative with others and work autonomously
· Ability to complete complex returns, write complex letters and reports
· understanding and compliant of the procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality
Information about the Academy:
St Joseph's Catholic Primary is located at Stanford-Le-Hope and is part of a multi academy trust (The Christus Catholic Trust), which currently has 5 primary schools. St Joseph's is a single form entry located in the heart of a diverse community. The latest Ofsted Inspection rates them as a 'good' school.
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
· a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date for receipt of applications:Sunday 26th June 2022
Shortlisting date: Monday 27th June 2022
Interviews will be held on:wb27th June 2022
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Information about the School
St. Joseph’s is a vibrant Catholic Primary School that enjoys a rich partnership with both our community and the Parish of Our Lady and St. Joseph. Inspired by Christ, we work together in order to achieve our best.
We are part of the Christus Catholic Trust. We are a communion of six Catholic Primary Academies across south Essex. We provide a safe, stimulating and supportive school environment, a curriculum and policies and practices that are based on Gospel values. Our primary aim is to enable all our pupils to acquire the beliefs, values, knowledge, skills, practices and positive relationships that will enable them to develop a love of learning and enjoy the fullness of life.