Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint an IT Support Engineer to undertake front line support for all hardware and software related to teaching and learning and to work with our IT Manager in delivery of the technology strategy.
The core purpose of this role involves being responsible for:
· Liaising with teaching staff as first line support to resolve any technology issues raised, ensuring that all issues are logged on the IT helpdesk and appropriate actions taken, with minimal disruption to teaching and learning.
· Working closely with our IT Manager on the development, implementation and support of our digital learning strategy.
· Acting as secondary first line support for non-teaching and learning hardware and software.
· Ensuring all installed software is correctly licensed and installed in line with the School's policy on change management and appropriate child protection and online safety requirements.
· Managing and maintaining user accounts across domains and online platforms, in line with the School's data and security policy.
· Responsibility for maintaining/updating the School's IT assets and any associated equipment. Ensuring that the Asset Inventory is kept up to date at all times.
· Providing AV support to departments including projectors, Smart TVs, visualisers and support with Assemblies.
· Supporting Creative departments with productions, utilising specialist IT and AV requirements alongside our Performing Arts technician.
· Maintaining comprehensive documentation for all areas of their responsibility.
This job would suit someone who has good communication skills, is organised, has appropriate IT skills and an interest in Education Technology to support our School community and high achieving students. Previous experience in an educational setting is not necessary but a proven track record covering the required tasks would be expected.
Information about the School
Located in the heart of Chelmsford, Chelmsford County High School for Girls is one of the most successful girls’ selective schools in the country.
We are rated as an “outstanding” school, a badge we are proud to hold and which applies to all areas of the School’s activities.
Chelmsford County High School for Girls has been a single academy trust since 2011. This status offers us a range of opportunities to pursue academic goals whilst running the school as a limited company. The School expanded to 6 forms of entry in September 2020 in response to increasing demand for grammar school places in the area and over 1,300 girls sit our entrance test each year. Expansion will be completed by 2024 and we expect our Sixth Form to grow as a result.
Our school is led by a strong team of senior staff and governors who are constantly striving for excellence, seizing all opportunities for the benefit of our students and our staff.
You will also find it useful to visit the school website www.cchs.co.uk.