Download printable version
Fixed term Contract for one year.
Earls Colne Primary School is a 'buzzing', busy and inclusive setting. An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, confident and team spirited individual to join our team. The vacancy, in our Early Years, is to support a child with additional needs.
The successful candidate will be organised, have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be open minded and responsive to feedback as well as empathetic and patient. You will have experience of working with children with additional needs. You will need GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics. A willingness to engage in further training and development opportunities is also important.
Working under the supervision of the Class Teacher, day-to-day, your job will include:
· Dealing with the day-to-day safety and wellbeing needs of the child;
· Helping the child access classroom learning;
· Preparation of learning resources and responding to plans made by the teachers;
· Providing individual support within the classroom and at play;
· Offering emotional support and verbal/non-verbal prompts;
· Administration - record keeping;
· Implementing the advice given by other visiting professionals (eg Speech Therapist).