Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Senior IT Technician
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 5 Points 8-11
£20,852 - £22,129
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide assistance/support to the IT Department, teaching, Support Staff and pupils. To be responsible for the general maintenance of all school IT equipment
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Installation, upgrading and maintenance of all hardware and software.
· Ensuring adequate stocks of peripheral IT equipment.
· Giving advice, guidance and demonstrations to other users (both pupils and staff)
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Successful experience working in specialist area in learning environment NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in specialist area
· Ability to read and write complex and technical reports
· Ability to demonstrate effective implementation of the school's behaviour management policy
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply viathe URL link provided below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 3rd June 2022.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.