Download printable version
Job Title: Learning Support Assistant - Winter Gardens Academy
Contract: Fixed Term ending 31st August 2023
Hours: 28 hours and 30 minutes (38 weeks - term time only)
Grade: Scale 3 Point 4-5 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £12,322.72 - £12,569.63 per annum (Depending on experience)
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Closing Date: 26th June 2022
Interview Date: 4th July 2022
We have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Learning Support Assistant to join our dedicated and supportive team based at Winter Gardens Academy.
Do you have the determination and energy to secure positive outcomes for our pupils?
Do you want to work in a forward thinking and aspirational academy?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team. Working 28 hours and 30 minutes per week; Monday to Thursday 8:30 am to 3:25 pm and Friday 08:30 am to 1:30pm with a 20-minute break in the morning and a 30-minute break for lunch. This is a fixed term position until 31st August 2023.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
· Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
· Be educated to NVQ Level 2 in learning support / early years or equivalent qualification or experience.
Have experience working with a child in a school / early years' environment.
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Have the ability to overcome communication barriers with children and adults.
· Understand and support the importance of social and emotional wellbeing.
· Be adaptable to work within a small, specialised team supporting the children of the school with various needs.
· Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
· Experience is desirable.
What we can offer you:
· A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
· The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
· Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school on 01268 699305 to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website; www.seacademytrust.co.uk.
Information about the School
We are a friendly, happy and caring school and are looking for a candidate who will contribute to our very effective learning environment.