Download printable version
Job Title: Catering Manager - Parkwood Academy
Hours: 25 hours per week (39 weeks per year)
Point: 8 - 11(Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £12,024.72 to £12,761.13 per annum (Depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 4th July 2022
Interview Date: 14th July 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager to join our friendly catering team on a permanent basis at Parkwood Academy.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Catering Manager who has a passion for cooking and providing high quality meals. A self-motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team. Working 39 weeks per year, 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 09.00 a.m. - 14:00 p.m.
Ideally you should hold the Level 3 Food Safety Certificate, have experience of working in a similar environment; be capable of supervising and motivating staff and manage the catering budget with support from the Office Team Lead.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C or equivalent.
- Be educated to NVQ Level 3 in Food Safety or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Can ensure the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge of first aid.
- Have extensive knowledge of personnel management, hygiene and health and safety.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
What we can offer you:
· A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
· The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
· Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Parkwood Academy on 01245 354605 to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website; www.seacademytrust.co.uk.