Download printable version
Job Title: Office Administrator - Bardfield Academy
Hours: 20 hours per week - working 38 weeks per year, term time only
Scale: Scale 3 Point 4 (full range point 4-5)
Actual Salary: £8,933.92 per annum (including Fringe allowance)
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Closing Date: 4th July 2022
Interview Date: Friday 8th July 2022
We have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Office Administrator to join our busy office team based at Bardfield Academy on a permanent basis
We are looking to appoint a self-motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
Previous experience of working within a school office environment would be an advantage. The environment is diverse and fast-changing so the ability to be organised and prioritise is essential. This role will require administering first aid to children and will require the successful candidate to undertake a paediatricfirst aid training course.
Working part-time, 20 hours per week; Monday to Friday 09:30 am to 1:30 pm
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
· Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE literacy and numeracy grades
· Experience of administrative work in a busy office environment
· Educated to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Be able to communicate with parents, children and colleagues in a positive and helpful way
· Have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Applicants should be computer literate (Microsoft Office) and must be able to demonstrate excellent ICT skills.
· Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
· Ability to remain calm, professional and positive under pressure.
· Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
We can offer:
● Bardfield Academy is a creative hub of excellence where a strong unique child centered curriculum encourages all children to achieve to their full potential.
● A great team spirit permeates this good school.
Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A dedicated team who are supportive and nurturing.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 553488 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Bardfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.