Download printable version
Job Title: Catering Manager - Westwood Academy
Hours: 25 hours per week (39 weeks per year)
Point: 8 - 11 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £12,024.72 to £12,761.13 (Dependent on experience)
Start Date: 2nd September 2022
Closing Date: 3rd July 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing 4th July 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager to join our friendly catering team on a permanent basis at Westwood Academy.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Catering Manager who has a passion for cooking and providing high quality meals. A self motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team. Working 39 weeks per year, 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 09.00 a.m. - 14:00 p.m.
Ideally you should hold the Level 3 Food Safety Certificate, have experience of working in a similar environment; be capable of supervising and motivating staff and manage the catering budget with support from the Office Team Lead.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C or equivalent.
- Be educated to NVQ Level 3 in Food Safety or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Can ensure the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge of first aid.
- Have extensive knowledge of personnel management, hygiene and health and safety.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
What we can offer you:
· A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
· The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
· Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Westwood Academy on 01702 559467 to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website; www.seacademytrust.co.uk.
Information about the School
Westwood Academy is Part of The South Essex Academy Trust. We are:
- a Multi Academy Trust established by Westwood Academy, Hadleigh Essex.
- a developing family of schools in the areas around Hadleigh, Basildon, Chelmsford and Southend.
- focused on partnership, enabling and collaboration
- committed to developing all staff, volunteers and directors across the schools
- most of all about the potential to enable the children in all of the schools