Download printable version
One to One SEN Learning Support Assistant
Scale 3 Point 4-5
18.75 hours per week (Monday - Friday mornings 11.45am - 3.30pm) Actual salary £8269-8435 pay award pending.
Fixed term contract to provide 1:1 support to a child.
St George's is a small, friendly village school with a committed team of teachers and support staff. We are looking for two learning support assistants to work with a sociable, inquisitive and determined child in our Reception class who requires additional support linked to physical and communication needs.
The role will involve:
· Working as part of the teaching and learning support team to ensure the pupil is fully integrated into school life
· Supporting the pupil's individual needs; social, emotional, communication, academic and physical
· Working 1:1 on individual targets and provision
· Intimate care
· Supporting with feeding technology
· Supporting transfers between support equipment
· Supporting the use and incorporation of communication technology, alongside other methods of communication
· Working with health professionals
We are looking for someone who is:
· energetic, creative and confident
· a good listener and effective communicator
· committed to making a difference to the learning and wellbeing of our pupils
· skilled in literacy and numeracy, including knowledge of Phonics
· confident using technology
· able to respond to the needs and interests of the children
· able to adapt and extend learning opportunities
· willing to get involved in a range of fun (and messy!) activities that enrich the curriculum
You are strongly encouraged to visit the school prior to application. Please call or email the school office to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Friday 1st July
Interview date: w/b 4th July