Download printable version
Hamstel Infant School & Nursery, Hamstel Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 4PQ
Salary Range: MPR/UPR according to experience.
ASAP or September 2022
This role will be temporary to provide maternity cover. Expected to last until end of Jan 2023.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a Qualified Teacher to provide maternity cover at our large Infant and Nursery School.
Hamstel Infant School and Nursery prides itself on being a child focused caring community; one in which all stakeholders views are valued. We are proud to be held in high esteem by our families and the local community and wish to share this valued position with the right candidate. We are an inclusive, nurturing school with excellent facilities for Outdoor Learning and an indoor swimming pool.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, highly organised, professional and flexible.
The main scope of the job is to:
· Establish a purposeful learning environment where diversity is valued and where pupils feel secure and confident.
· Teach the required or expected knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to the curriculum for all pupils.
· Teach clearly structured lessons or sequences of work which interest and motivate pupils.
· Provide inspirational learning opportunities to meet the needs of all pupils.
· Organise and manage teaching and learning time effectively.
· Organise and manage the physical teaching space, materials, texts and other resources safely and effectively with the help of support staff where appropriate.
· Set high expectations for pupils' behaviour and establish a clear framework for classroom discipline and promote self-control and independence.
· Provide additional opportunities out of class to consolidate and extend work carried out in the class, encouraging pupils to learn independently.
· Work collaboratively with specialist teachers and other colleagues.
· Manage the work of teaching assistants or other adults to enhance pupils' learning.
Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the Foundation Stage and Primary curriculum.
· Set challenging learning objectives which are relevant to individual pupils.
· Plan lessons, and sequences of lessons, showing how pupils' learning will be assessed.
· Select and prepare resources, taking account of pupils' interests and backgrounds.
Closing Date: 24th June 2022
For further details or an application pack if unable to download the form from the website, please contact Rebecca Sanderson, HR Manager, Portico Academy Trust, Ronald Hill Grove, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex SS9 2JB
Telephone: 01702 987890 x310
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Teaching Staff Application Form
Class Teacher Job Description
Class Teacher Person Specification
Information about the School
At Hamstel Infant School and Nursery there is always a warm welcome awaiting you in
an environment that is both happy and safe. Our special motto is ‘We Care…’ and
this is fundamental to everyone and everything we do. Our school is an inclusive,
caring and vibrant educational learning space that has grown to five forms of entry
with a Nursery of 48 full-time equivalent places.
We have a fabulous team of committed and enthusiastic staff and Governors, all of
whom are supported by the excellent resources we have on a spacious site, with well-resourced facilities and the expertise to provide your child with unique opportunities for learning. We have a large team of highly dedicated professionals who are committed to guiding the children’s learning and development to enable them to reach their full potential. Our team uses a whole school nurture approach to guide children with their personal and social skills in order to prepare them for life-long learning.
We are a very inclusive school and pride ourselves in treating every child and family as individuals. We encourage all our children to achieve their best and grow into thoughtful, kind and considerate members of the school community and society as a whole. We take great pride in sharing our school’s many achievements and special awards to advance our
skills and support others too