Download printable version
Warren Primary School
Gilbert Road, Chafford Hundred, Grays, RM16 6NB
Wishes to appoint a
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Band A Point 1 - 6, £13,528.04 - £14,932.22 per annum actual salary
31 hours 15 minutes per week
08:45am - 3:30pm, 30 minute unpaid lunch break - 38 weeks of the year
term time plus inset days
Start Date: ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to take on a crucial role within our school. The successful candidate should be keen to make a difference to the life chances of Warren Primary School children.You will work in partnership with class teachers, to support learning in line with the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, codes of practice, school policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· The ability to communicate with other members of staff effectively
· The ability to build a strong professional relationship with the children and their families
· A willingness to take part in class planning and adapt it to the needs of the child where applicable
· Good organisational skills
· Good behaviour management skills
· The ability to communicate with parents and to attend professional meetings where required
· Good record keeping skills (Progress and medical where required)
· Personal Care
· A passion for the impact teaching and learning can have on improving life
· A commitment to delivering education of the highest standard
· Achievement of GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade A-C
We will offer you:
· 2 week October half term
· Recognition of continuous service
· Working in a school with friendly and enthusiastic pupils
· A supportive and dedicated team
· Automatic enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme
· Continuous Professional Development
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
The successful candidate will preferably have relevant NVQ qualifications or equivalent. They must have a good standard of English and Mathematics and basic computer skills.Having some knowledge of and ability to use British Sign Language would be an advantage.
To be considered for this post please request an application form or send your completed application form to:
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01375 648901
Closing date: Tuesday 28th June 2022, Midday
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Warren primary school is a very popular and oversubscribed school. It opened in 1997 and has grown from a pupil population of 31 to 458, plus 52 Nursery children (part time). We also have specialist provision for severely and profoundly deaf children.
Warren was built to serve Chafford Hundred, a community of private housing and is now one of four primary schools. Chafford Hundred is convenient to reach by road, and has good public transport links to London and the coast.
The school is within walking distance of Lakeside Regional shopping centre and Chafford Hundred railway station.
The school is set in pleasant grounds, which has a large playing field, adventure playground, small wood and garden areas.
The school provides a safe and happy environment in which the children thrive and enjoy learning in a stimulating setting. The children are welcoming, polite, well-motivated and generally high achievers and we expect over 50% to achieve above expected progress each year and hope that this figure will continue to rise. They are confident and very proud to wear their uniform and represent their school.