Download printable version
Permanent 37hrs pw / 52 weeks per year
Salary range £30,095 to £32,798 plus on-call allowance of £1,504 to £1,640 per annum
Glenwood is a Residential Special School for learners aged 3-19 all of whom have profound and multiple or severe learning difficulties. We are a large and busy school located in a purpose built building, along separate buildings housing a 20 bed residential provision. The facilities team take responsibility for the whole of the school and residential estate.
We are looking to appoint someone who is: positive, hands on, hardworking, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable and well organised to join our team.
The post holder will be responsible for the organisation and management of the facilities operations of the whole site and undertaking effective supervision, caretaking, maintenance, Health & Safety and security of the site. Duties will also include monitoring compliance and accurate reporting into the senior team.
The post holder will need flexibility regarding the working pattern. Shifts will vary between 7:30 to 15:30 and 10:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. The role includes being on call to respond to emergencies on alternate weeks Monday to Thursday during term time
· Have experience of dealing with operational site issues in a school or building environment;
· Have experience of implementing Health and Safety policies in a working environment;
· Recognise the importance of your role in safeguarding the young people and be committed to doing everything you can to improve their experiences;
· Be highly organised, IT literate and have excellent communication and motivational skills to engage team members;
· Have experience of managing staff;
· Be agreeable to a flexible working pattern and being on call;
· Work as a member of the whole staff team to ensure that the young people are provided with a safe, clean and attractive learning environment which will enhance their achievement and enjoyment;
· Embrace the school's ethos and be proud to be part of Glenwood;
Please see and take note of the attached job description and person specification.