Download printable version
The successful candidates will support students to fully access our curriculum, to build friendships and social skills so that they can be successful in school. We currently have two positions available and will consider both full time and job share applications. Please clearly state on your application your working preference.
Potential candidates are encouraged to get in touch with any questions they might have or to arrange a visit to the school and the team.
· Provide particular and skilled support to all students in a given learning area or mainstream classroom, working in partnership with class teachers.
· Work with named individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff to facilitate access to the curriculum, develop student confidence and promote independent learning skills.
· Support students with activities, which support literacy and numeracy.
· Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop students' competence and independence in its use.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special educational needs within the classroom, ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources.
· Aid removal of barriers to learning, whether they be social, emotional, medical or physically related.
· Take an active role in the preparation and maintenance of differentiated materials and resources in the learning areas supported.
· Understand specific learning needs and styles, and support learning through the selection of appropriate resources/methods - differentiated as required - to facilitate agreed learning activities.
· Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to students' responses as appropriate.
· Establish positive relationships with students supported.
· Provide feedback to students in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
· Liaise with staff and provide background information about students as appropriate.
· Liaise with the Head of Personalised Learning on matters concerning named students.
· Promote positive student behaviour in line with school policies and help keep students on task.
· Participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing them with feedback on student progress and behaviour - particularly in relation to achievement of targets, student profiles, writing reports and records as required.
· Monitor and record student responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems, which cannot be resolved easily to the attention of the teacher.
· To implement assessments as appropriate.
· Accept responsibility, with other support staff, for running the lunchtime homework provision.
· To assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
· To understand and apply school policies in relation to health, safety and welfare.
· Attend relevant training and take responsibility for own development.
· Attend relevant school meetings as required.
· To respect confidentiality at all times.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
About the School
The Billericay School is a heavily oversubscribed comprehensive in Essex with a specialism in Mathematics and Computing. The school has polite and engaged students who want to learn and benefits from good parental support.
With direct links to the 'Outstanding' Billericay Educational Consortium, The Billericay School is renowned for the high standards of CPD it delivers as well as the collaborative and supportive ethos it promotes amongst staff.
Our Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
As a valued member of our team, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
· Free access to our fully equipped Gym (and induction program).
· Free access to our swimming pool
· 25% Pension Contribution
· Access to the "Cycle to Work" scheme
· Eye test vouchers
· Access to our Wellbeing programme (includes counselling sessions and online discounts)
We are committed to training all of our LSA's to be HLTA's where appropriate. The pay band and progression here is:
HLTA Full time: Scale 11-17 Up to £17,000
How to apply
When applying for this position, please use The Billericay School application form, which can be found on our school website under Vacancies: https://www.billericayschool.com/vacancies/
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Information about the School
CARING ABOUT SUCCESS
Our School offers:
• Proven standards of academic excellence
• Specialist College status in Mathematics and Computing
• Outstanding educational resources
• A commitment to student care and discipline
• A vibrant and successful Sixth Form
• Enrichment through an extensive and diverse extra-curricular programme
We expect from all our students:
• A commitment to hard work and success
• Self-reliance and a sense of responsibility
• Respect and tolerance for others
The most important resource in any school is its staff. The success of The Billericay School is largely due to our committed, experienced and enthusiastic staff. Our concentration on teaching and learning produces excellent exam results and an orderly atmosphere. The school is committed to high standards in the professional development of its staff and we aim to develop all our employees professionally to improve educational standards, maintain high morale and assist in recruitment and retention.
Our Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Thank you for your interest in our school and we look forward to hearing from you. More information can be found on our school website: www.billericayschool.com