Download printable version
Level 3 IT Apprenticeship
37 hours per week, 5 days, (includes 7.4 hours Teaching and Learning), 52 weeks (less holiday entitlement)
Required: September 2022
Resports to: IT Manager
21-24 month fixed term, a permanent position my be available at the end of the Apprenticeship
The vacancy is for an IT apprentice to work across the 2 schools which form the Treetops Learning Community (both schools are located on the same site). The successful candidate will be working with the existing IT Team to provide support to all staff and students across all areas of the schools. Successful completion of this apprenticeship will result in a Level 3 Information Communications Technician qualification. Successful completion of this apprenticeship will result in a Level 3 Information Communications Technician qualification.
- Responsibility for day to day maintenance of hardware, software and associated peripherals across the school.
- Supporting users and computers in a Windows environment.
- To install and configure computers, and other peripherals.
- Setup and provide support for portable devices, i.e. iPads.
- To troubleshoot problems, hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems.
- Carry out software imaging of workstations using Microsoft Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Escalate requests or issues to senior colleagues and /or line manager when a support request cannot be resolved.
- Assist in support of SIMS client software.
- Provide support for computer and non-computer based IT equipment (e.g. interactive boards, printers, A/V equipment etc.)
- Monitor the print management system, PaperCut and resolving user print issues.
- Ensure all copiers and printers are fully stocked with paper and replace empty toner cartridges as necessary.
- Assist in the audit of IT equipment, network port configurations, printers, and A/V equipment.
- Assist in the delivery of strategic IT Projects by working on assigned tasks.
The successful candidate will
- Have a Grade 4 or above in Maths and a Grade 5 or above in English
- Have good IT and interpersonal skills
- Have a polite and professional manner
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative
- Be friendly and outgoing
- Be able to communicate effectively with children and adults
We can offer
- A team ethos
- A friendly working environment
- A fast paced environment where no 2 days are ever the same
- Commitment to continuous professional development
Information about the School
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, a medical check, satisfactory references and the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.